TITLE: Sexton (Facilities Maintenance)
ORG TYPE: St. Paul’s Church
POSITION TYPE: Part-Time (15-19 hours per week)
HOURS: Tues-Fri, 11am – 3pm, Sat, 9am – 1pm
LOCATION: Englewood, NJ
POSITION START: As early as February 1, 2017
The Sexton reports to the Rector, and provides overall facility maintenance and logistical set-up for the Parish facilities towards the ongoing ministry and mission of the Parish.
The Sexton is responsible for, but not limited to:
- Maintain the cleanliness and functioning of the Parish Facilities
- Provide general custodial and maintenance services
- Oversee the grounds maintenance, to include mowing and edging
- Open and close the facilities as scheduled
- Prepare the facility and individual rooms for daily events
- Assist with inventory control and security
- Follow instructions regarding use of chemicals and supplies
- Move furniture, equipment, supplies, and tools as needed
- Coordinating, and working with, volunteers
- Other duties as assigned
- Possess a high school diploma or hold a general education degree (GED) certificate and general custodial experience.
- Have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions given in English; written, oral, or diagram form.
- Have the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Be conscientious and able to work independently (unsupervised).
- Be familiar with custodial and grounds keeping equipment (e.g. ladders, floor buffers, carpet cleaners, lawn mowers, snow blowers, etc.).
- Have strong customer service skills and the ability to get along with others.
- Be in good physical health.
- Be cooperative and show respect and courtesy to all Parish staff, Parish members, Parish Tenants, and visitors.
- Conduct and present one self in a manner fitting a Parish staff member.
- Perform cleaning and maintenance duties throughout the Parish facilities each week.
- Be flexible in availability to accommodate the schedule of Parish activities.
- Ability to work effectively in an environment with frequent interruptions and distractions.
- Ambulatory skills: ability to transfer weight up to fifty pounds; ability to stand, walk, sit, stoop, kneel; possess hand-eye coordination and arm/hand/finger dexterity.
- Ability to speak, hear, smell, and exercise visual acuity.
- Driving/travel requirements for this position may require moderate to frequent driving; therefore, a valid driver license is required.
- Send e-mail with resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. Saint Paul’s will contact and interview only those candidates it believes are best qualified for the position. Saint Paul’s is an equal opportunity employer. PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE PARISH OFFICE.